The full form of IaaS is Infrastructure as a Service. IaaS is a form of cloud computing which provides Infrastructure Services like Servers, Hosting and Storage services over the internet. IaaS Cloud Computing is one of the three main categories of cloud computing services, alongside Software as a service(SaaS) and Platform as a Service(PaaS). Infrastructure as a Service(Iaas) is one of the main service required in cloud computing after SaaS and PaaS clouds.
IaaS platform offers high scalable resources to users. IaaS customers can subscribe to IaaS services by the hour, week or month basis. Before going to IaaS services every user must t have minimum knowledge on selecting right IaaS provider. Service Providers are those who provide Services over the Internet. Many IaaS Cloud Service Providers will provide Maximum Size servers, cloud hosting, virtual data centers(vdc) for a low cost. Based on the requirements we have to select right IaaS service provider.
Suppose for new business developing new software, maintaining servers and storage costs high. To reduce it’s cost IaaS cloud services can be used to save money or free the sources for another project.
Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS) features and benefits.
- Infrastructure as a Service cloud has high scalability.
- Hardware cost is reduced.
- Infrastructure as a Service cloud can be accessed from anywhere using internet.
- Infrastructure as a Service provides high securitised data bases.
- No delay in expanding capacity or the wastage of unused capacity.
- Clients or users only pays for the resource that they actually use.
- Physical security of data centre locations.
- No single point of failure.
Leading IaaS Providers.
- Amazon Web Services(AWS).
- Windows Azure.
- Google Computing Engine.
- Rackspace Open Cloud.
- IBM SmartCloud Enterprise.
- CA Technologies.
- Eucalyptus Systems.
Terms related to IaaS
- Iaas definition
- Cloud computing iaas
- Infrastructure as a service
- iaas examples
- iaas providers
- Iaas cloud computing