PaaS means “Platform as a Service”. Platform as a Service is one of the three service provided in cloud computing model. Pass in Cloud computing provides hardware, OS(Operating System), Storage, Network services to developers to build applications and services over the internet. The main aim of the Platform as a service cloud is to provide an environment for developing various applications. All tools that are required for development are provided by PaaS Service provides only.To access PaaS services users requires internet and a web browser. In PaaS, cloud service providers provide hardware and Software tools like a rent service on a subscription basis.
Through PaaS services software developers, web developers and businesses can use application and infrastructure developed by Service providers. If there is no service like “Platform as a Service” every organization and software developers must arrange their own infrastructure to develop their Softwares. This makes a huge cost to users thus Platform as a Service is very helpful.
Features of Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- PaaS service providers provide hardware, storage, network services, operating system to users.
- They provide Server-side scripting environment.
- Support for users will be provided.
- Platform as a Service provides will provide tools for design and software development.
- PaaS services will have Hosting features.
Advantages of Platform as a Service(PaaS).
- PasS provides high security to customers data.
- Database backup and recovery of data is provided.
- Non-IT users can develop software using internet and web browser.
- PaaS provided flexible and adaptable infrastructure for application developers.
- Top PaaS service providers.
There are different types of PaaS based on customers requirement PaaS services will be provided. Here are the top 10 PaaS cloud service providers that have emerged as leaders in the PaaS market.
- Amazon Web Services
- Cloud Foundry
- Engine Yard