SaaS is defined as Software as a Service where software licensing is provided to the customer on a subscription basis. In SaaS, software service will be remotely provided to organizations and businesses. SaaS providers will install and maintain software, so users can simply access software via internet and a browser.
Let us think about a bank, which protects the privacy of each customer while providing service that is reliable and secure on a massive scale. Bank customer need not worry about their personal information. All customer can use every financial system and technology provided by Bank.
SaaS Architecture Model
In SaaS architecture model, SaaS applications run on SaaS provider’s servers. SaaS service providers manage access to the application, security, performance related issues. It is defined as multitenant architecture because all users and application share a single, common infrastructure.
Feature and Advantages of SaaS.
- SaaS is closely related to Application service provider and on-demand computing software delivery model.
- Applications are hosted by Service providers.
- SaaS vendors will provide automatic updates.
- All customer will have the same version of the software.
- Easier collaboration.
- Require internet and web browser to access globally.
- No Hardware costs.
- Initial set up is reduced.
- Customers are required to pay only for what they use.
Top 10 Software as a Service (SaaS) Companies.
- Concur Technologies
- The Ultimate Software Group
- Cornerstone onDemand
Terms related to SaaS
- What is Software as a service?
- What does saas mean?
- What is SaaS cloud?
- What does SaaS stands for?
- What does saas cloud computing mean?
- Software as a Service(SaaS) example.